Vectorworks Intermediate Concepts Course
Take the next step and elevate your design process with our Intermediate Concepts course. It’s the ideal training option to become proficient with information modeling, as well as integrating 2D drafting skills with 3D modeling. In this interactive course, a Vectorworks expert will demonstrate how to extract data from any object and list the information automatically in a worksheet, as well as how to improve the graphic output of your construction documents and presentation renderings. Finally, you will learn more about layer and class organization and master advanced techniques with viewports.
Design professionals participating in this training session will:
- Manage imported DWG files through import settings, visibility controls, and other attribute preferences to improve file exchanges with project collaborators.
- Produce 3D modeled objects, appropriately mapped with material image textures to analyze for appropriate scale and assembly of materials, while also using various lighting techniques, rendering styles, and static and perspective views to ensure proof of concept.
- Expand their experience with BIM processes, such as the parametric design of walls, windows, doors, roofs, and stairs, as well as accurate material scheduling through the use of built-in worksheets.
- Fulfill design development and construction document stages more efficiently by integrating internal and external file referencing for plans, elevations, sections, and details.
Continuing Education Credits
- 16 AIA LUs
- 16 LA CES PDHs
- Completion of Core Concepts training within the last two years
- Understanding of basic drafting concepts, such as plan and elevation projections, scale and actual size, and drawing units