Vectorworks Privacy Statement
Vectorworks is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement applies to Vectorworks, Inc., owner of Vectorworks, which includes Vectorworks webpages hosted at the vectorworks.net domain (the "Site"), our desktop software (the "Software"), Vectorworks Mobile Applications such as Vectorworks Nomad (the "Applications"), and Vectorworks Cloud Services ("Cloud Services") (collectively, the "Platform"), and Vectorworks Service Select (“Service Select”).
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
Information Collection and Use
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
- Information that we collect automatically
When you use the Platform or Service Select we may collect certain information automatically from your device, including your computer's IP address or MAC ID, your user name, device type, software license ID, serial number, contract ID, browser-type, broad geographic location(e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with the Platform or Service Select, including the pages accessed, links clicked and frequency of use. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the users of the Platform or Service Select, where they come from, and what content of the Platform or Service Select is of interest to them and provide customized content to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes, to improve the quality and relevance of the Platform or Service Select to its users and identify or remedy potential threats to the security of the Platform or Service Select.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
If you use Dropbox integration, we may temporarily store a copy of your file by transferring it to servers associated with the Vectorworks Cloud Services for processing. This temporarily file is then deleted.If you use Google Drive integration, we may temporarily store a copy of your file by transferring it to servers associated with the Vectorworks Cloud Services for processing. This temporarily file is then deleted.
- Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including marketing agencies), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include analytics reports and market research surveys and we use the information we receive from these third parties to conduct internal research about your use of the Platform or Service Select, measure the performance of marketing campaigns for the Platform or Service Select and better understand your preferences in order to and customize our marketing campaigns and services accordingly.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
Vectorworks may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website, our network of distributors and dealers and carefully selected marketing partners), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, including through a sale in connection with bankruptcy, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation,(ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information (where the law of a country within the European Economic Area applies)
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below.
Keeping personal information secure
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our Site servers are located in the United States (as well as within the European Economic Area), and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymous it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
Where the law of a country within the European Economic Area applies, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact us” heading below. Objecting to the processing of your personal information may prevent or otherwise affect the use of the Platform or Service Select.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area,Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Third Party Links
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.We encourage you periodically to check this site to learn about the information we collect, use, and share.
Please contact us if you have questions or concerns about our use of personal information at: email@example.com.