New York City Vectorworks Entertainment Community Group
Join the New York City Vectorworks Entertainment Community Group meeting:
Date: Monday, August 8
Time: 5:30 p.m. ET - 8:00 p.m. ET
Place: Online, via Zoom. Join through the meeting link below at the scheduled time:
Topic: In this presentation you will see the overall scope of the Reshaper Plug-in presented by Ray Mullin, followed by a more in-depth dive into some of Reshaper's unique strengths.
• A quick overview of Reshaper's 30 dialogues showing the 2D & 3D objects that can be edited, and the standard controls that are present in every dialogue.
• A closer look at 9 dialogues that offer more control than the stock Vectorworks user interface.
• Look at 2 pseudo objects, Regular Polygon and 3D Line, that Reshaper manages in ways Vectorworks does not.
• Examine a method used by Andy Dunning to quickly estimate LED tile usage, and/or truss sizes needed, for curved or cylindrical LED Walls, using Reshaper's Regular Polygon dialogue.
• Explore some examples using Reshaper to edit 3D objects to control the exact position, rotation and scale of Solids, Extrudes, Sweeps, Meshes, Symbols and PIOs using controls not available in the Object Info Palette (OIP).
• Q & A as time permits
Presenter Bio: Ray Mullin is an electrical engineer who specializes in Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design, and more recently, Advanced Integrated Circuit Packaging Design. Since 1990, Vectorworks, then MiniCAD, has been his CAD software of choice. Having the ability to script complicated tools to drive his design work is the glue that made it all possible.
Email to a Friend