Join today! Membership is free and provides:
- Vectorworks software tips, tricks, and techniques
- Networking opportunities with local designers
- Support from Nemetschek Vectorworks
- 10% discounts off Vectorworks software
06/08/2016 Meeting Notes
Ross C brought symbol based shop drawings for a 30’x30’ trade show environment and stand up work station. All parts are ready for CNC router cutting. A 1/3 scale model was cut and assembled for structural and placement evaluation Symbols allow edits to model of assembly while layout on cutting sheets updates automatically.
Rick C brought single family renovation drawings and discussion about field inspection permitting in Seattle. The permit plan set is printed on half size pages, now accepted at permit office. Fun fact - beams under 14’ are acceptable in the instant field inspection permit. 14’ and over require full evaluation and long wait for permit.
Benson showed several items:
• Michael Klaer’s video about creating and using record formats in conjunction with work sheets in a drawing.
• Progress and walk-thru renderings for two public artworks at swimming pool in Issaquah, WA.
• Site model demo - how to interrupt the terrain with a swale or other depression crossing the contours.
Next meeting in August, TBA.