Vectorworks Core Concepts Course
Core Concepts starts from the ground up and covers the basic skills you need to become a Vectorworks pro. Through interactive training, you will learn to use tools and menu commands, as well as document organization tips.
Available online, at your office, or at one of our regional training events, this course provides a solid foundation of Vectorworks skills.
Design professionals participating in this training session will:
- Navigate a design software’s workspace and organize their drawing files with industry-standard conventions and best practice considerations for improved file management and successful collaboration with other design professionals.
- Accomplish hybrid design processes, integrating 2D and 3D elements typical of their industry, which will be used in essential plan documentation and model analysis, as well as presentations.
- Create and manage drawing resources, such as hatches, tiles, fills, line types, and symbols, as well as develop and access external files (libraries) of industry-essential resources, enabling them to become more proficient in their design workflows.
- Experience parametric design by creating and managing objects with data and rules, an essential part of the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process.
Continuing Education Credits
- 16 AIA LUs
- 16 LA CES PDHs
- Understanding of basic drafting concepts, such as plan and elevation projections, scale and actual size, and drawing units
- Comfortable with operating either a Mac or Windows OS
- Proficient with basic mouse and keyboard operations