Renderworks Feature List
Add Renderworks to Create Spectacular 3D Presentations
Renderworks is based on the robust CINEMA 4D render engine, the results are breathtaking and easy to achieve. Renderworks is integrated into Vectorworks, so it works seamlessly to allow you to visualize your work throughout the design process, producing clear and accurate renderings. With the click of a button, rendered viewports will update as your design evolves.
Create Realistic Renderings
- Interactive OpenGL rendering supports textures, shadows, backgrounds, and allows real-time flyovers and walkthroughs.
- For photo-realistic rendering choose from a series of lighting, texture, and shadow settings to achieve just the look you want.
- Show your models on the real-world environments by incorporating photos as backgrounds or choose one of the default color, sky/cloud, or HDRI backgrounds.
- Show shafts or beams of light with volumetric lighting. Options allow you to control the density and atmospheric effect.
- Use Renderworks style resources and simply drag and drop expert or custom settings onto your model for beautiful renderings.
Create Non-Photorealistic (Artistic) Renderings
Artistic rendering mode allows you to soften hard lines and reproduce many hand-sketched styles, including cartoon, color wash, contour, tapered lines, hatch, ink print, lines and shadows, mosaic, oil painting, overlapping lines, soft lines and stipple. They are perfect when you're just trying to convey concepts and give clients a sense for the space.
Take Textures to a New Level
- Access a vast library of image-based textures and pre-defined shaders out of the box. Or, create custom textures from file formats, such as TIF, JPG, GIF and BMP. For added realism add reflection, transparency and bump effects.
- Turn any color into a texture or, depending on what Vectorworks product you have, you can easily convert Vectorworks Pantone®, Benjamin Moore®, Sherwin-Williams®, Resene®, or Rosco® color palettes into texture libraries.
- Turn any photo into a 3D image prop or access the free image prop library that ships with Renderworks.
- It's easy to apply and edit textures in real time. Interactively position, resize and rotate textures directly on the surface of 3D objects.
Sun Studies and VR
- Accurately create sun studies and solar animation easily when you use our Heliodon tool.
- Renderworks provides Macintosh® and Windows®support for QuickTime® VR.
Light and Cameras
- In addition to the direction, spot, and point lights found in Vectorworks, Renderworks adds line and area lights. Area and line lights add another level of realism to your rendered scenes, allowing you to transform objects into light sources. They're great for producing soft, glowing lighting effects such as neon tube lighting, fluorescent light boxes, lit windows or skylights.
- Physical lighting attributes allow you to define a light object with real-world photometric properties as well as by importing load distribution files provided by lighting manufacturers.
- Quickly light scenes and add environments by adding HDRI backgrounds.
- Cameras make it easy to set and edit 3D views. Perspective View controls let you set the camera's height, the look-to-height, move the camera left/right as well as pan, adjust the focal length (zoom), change the aspect ratio and clip frame size.
- A handy Visualization palette provides a one-stop interface for managing lights and cameras in the model.
Added Import Export Options
- Export CINEMA 4D
- Export QuickTime® Panorama and Object VR movies.
- Export High Dynamic Range Image (HDRI).