Vectorworks Architect Tutorial Manual, Fifth Edition
Buy | $75
The Vectorworks Architect Tutorial Manual by expert Vectorworks trainer Jonathan Pickup is a thorough, project-based training workbook. This fifth edition of the tutorial has been updated for use with Vectorworks Architect 2013 software and includes instruction about the following:
- Basic concepts of layers and classes and how they relate to developing an office layer and class standard
- Creating an office library
- Using the Property Line tool
- Creating and manipulating site models and using them for height-to-boundary analysis
- Walls and Wall Styles
- Stairs and vertical transport
- How to make a quick model of a project using spaces for bulk and location analysis
- Using annotation tools, title blocks, and the notes database to quickly annotate your plans
Although the example in the manual is a residential project, the principles learned can also be applied to commercial building design.
Recommendations and Tips:
- This tutorial is most effective if used in conjunction with Vectorworks Architect 2013 software.
- This manual builds on the Essentials Tutorial Manual, which takes you through the basic concepts of Vectorworks software, such as 2D drafting, simple 3D modeling, and file organization. If you are unfamiliar with these concepts, we recommend you begin with the Essentials Manual.
- Measurements for the exercises are shown in both metric and imperial units.
- This hard-copy workbook comes with a companion DVD that contains exercise files and the entire manual as a PDF file. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher to view the PDF.
- The PDF contains embedded tutorial movies that demonstrate the steps of each exercise.