Benefits and Best Practices of Implementing Building Information Modeling in Architectural Design (1 AIA LU Hour)
Presented by François Lévy, registered architect, author, BIM consultant, and lecturer at the University of Texas at Austin School of Architecture
Motivation for small and medium firms to take the Building Information Modeling (BIM) plunge.
Among "smart-sized" architectural firms, many designers still follow a process of segregating design from documentation. This is both inefficient and reinforces a hierarchy of designers and drafters, which is outmoded in today's workplace and economic environment.
Join François Lévy, as he presents strategies for successfully transitioning to BIM, as well as offer real-world examples from his own work of successful BIM projects for the "smart-sized" firm.
Design professionals participating in this distance learning webinar will:
• Learn the primary technological benefits of BIM.
• Become aware of the opportunities that BIM offers for a collaborative approach to design.
• Find out the advantages of architectural BIM modeling over generic 3D sketch modeling.
• See presentation and visualization options available in standalone BIM applications.
• Understand the technological, social benefits,and drawbacks of a BIM design process and workflow such as cost, learning curve, time intensive transition, and loss of hand-drawn appeal.
• Learn from successful methods of transitioning from a CAD to BIM workflow.