TouchCAD is a combined 3D modeling and unfolding program focusing on the ability to generate complex 3D shapes for converting into models to build physically. It can be used for a wide range of tasks including:
- Marine design, with specific industry tools and shape control required for such jobs.
- Production of soft material based objects such as tents, blimps, awnings and inflatable objects.
- Reverse engineering where copies of existing objects are being recreated for sheet metal objects, architectural and industrial design, sculptures, etc.
- Advanced features for flattening very complex shapes, often consisting of hundreds of panels, extensive parametric settings, unique interaction between the 3D model and flat patterns, and the ability to nest / optimize the flat panels into production ready layouts.
- Market leading features for applying 2D images onto complex 3D shapes and generating unfolded images.
- Imports 2D and 3D DXF, Vectorscript and IGES from Vectorworks software. It can also export DXF and Vectorscript to Vectorworks. The latter includes support for NURBS surfaces (solids as well as ordinary surfaces), curves, layers, fill and pen colors.
Please contact Lundström Design for ordering information and pricing.